Flavours of the heartiest lasagna you ever had. It holds it's shape when served and satisfies even the deepest of hungers
The consistency is gained by salting drying and slightly roasting the eggplant and zuchini noodles. Also, I reccomend soaking your almonds overnight for maximum creaminess and to unlock more health benifits and make them easier to digest. Many reccomend removing the skin.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup avacado or other high heat oil
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon mediteranian or Italian spice blend
- 1 large zuchini thinly sliced in sheets
- 1 large eggplant thinly sliced in sheets
- 3 cups diced carrots
- 3 huge brown mushrooms diced
- 5 cloves of garlic diced
- 3/4 of a large (796ml) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 small can of tomatoe paste
- 1/2 tablespoon Braggs or soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons of veggie “better than boullion” paste
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- dash of garlic powder
- 3/4 cup of water
This super handy almond riccotta recipie came from the super talented Dana at Minimalist Baker
- Preheat the oven to 375°c
- Lay out zuchini and eggplant slices and salt them. After 15 min pat them dry and bake 5 min at 375°c.
- Saute first 5 ingredients in a cast iron pot untill onions are tender and spices are infused.
- Add the carrots and 5min later the mushrooms, Braggs and boullion and sautee untill tender
- Add tomato paste and diced tomatoes and sautee untill all flavours are infused.
- Make almond riccotta
- Put a bit of sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13″ baking dish then layer eggplant/ tomato sauce/ zuchini and ricotta. For the top layer I mixed the rest of my tomato sauce and ricotta.
- Bake 40 min at 375°c