- 1 1/2. Cup graham crackers
- 80g Butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/3. Cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 Cups dates
- 1/2 Cup water
- scratch of salt
- 2Tbs Water
- 1/2 Cup Raw coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk
- tsp Vanilla extract
- 900g (two packages) Cream cheese (could use yogurt cream cheese) find out how to make it here.
- 80g Honey
- 1tsp Vanilla powder
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 300ml Whipping cream (could use coconut cream)
- To prepare caramel date layer blend all ingredients well in food processor. spread date mixture on crust. If you made extra you now have the very useful “Date Paste”
- For the caramel sauce bring water and sugar to a boil stirring constantly. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on a low boil for 10 or more minutes until the sauce thickens and turns dark. Set aside to cool and prepare cheesecake.
- Whip all ingredients in a mixer. Then, slowly add whipping cream on low speed;) keep going till peaks form. Spread mixture over date paste layer. when cooled spiral on the caramel and swirl the back of a fork in the top to mix it up, or just leave it as a side sauce. Place in fridge to cool and Harden overnight.
Blend all crust ingerdients well in food processor and press into springform pan. Bake 375c for 17min. Place crust in freezer while you prepare the date layer.
it’s worth the effort if you are craving a cool salted cloud of caramel and cookie crunch!