Toasted and nutritious, these are definitely my favorite cookieThe trick to these cookies is the extra salt and the ratio of pecans and dates to dough.
- 1 Cup butter
- 1/4 Cup maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups toasted Pecans chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups dates chopped
- It doesn’t take much to toast the pecans so do some research and go slow at first untill you get your time and temperature figured out. I spread them out on a tray and use my toaster oven on the dark toast setting.
- To make the dough, add all the wet ingredients together first. I usually grate the butter with a cheese grater if its not soft. I just use a fork to mix it all up. Then add all the dry ingredients, except dates and pecans, together in another bowl. Mix wet and dry together with a fork then add the toasted pecans and dates and mix well. The dough should be quite sticky and does not rise up much so when you form your dough press the balls down a bit and make them almost the size of cookie you want to have.
- Bake at 375 degrees celcius for 9min