You can add cacao nibs to the brownie batter for a satisfying crunchiness
- 1 Cup Raw Walnut pieces
1/2 Cup hulled hemp seeds
1.5 Cups pitted medjool dates
1/2 Cup raw cacao powder
1 1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2tsp Fine sea salt
Heaping 1/4 cup raw walnut
- 1/2 Cup virgin coconut oil
3/4 Cup cacao paste
1/4 Tsp vanilla extract
1tsp Maple syrup no.3 grade
2 drops Mint extract
- Line a small pan (with high sides) with parchment paper, one piece going each way to make it easy to lift out the brownies later on.
- In a food processor, process the walnuts into a fine crumble.
Add the hemp seeds and the pitted dates and process until finely chopped and sticky.
Add the cacao powder, vanilla, and pink salt and process until combined.
stir in chopped walnuts.
- Evenly press the mixture into your prepared pan until smooth.
- For the chocolate topping: Place all of the ingredients in a medium pot or double broiler. Stir over super low heat just untill everything is melted, mixed and smooth.
Pour the sauce over evenly. Carefully transfer the pan to the fridge or freezer on a flat, even surface. Chill for 20 + minutes or until the topping is firm enough to slice
Run hot water over a knife for a minute or so, wipe quickly with towel, and carefully slide the knife into the brownies to slice
Store leftovers in the freezer/fridge for a chocolate treat anytime.