You can pick up a perfectly made jar by Truffula at Noorish or Earth’s General Store in Edmonton. Cashew cheese is a healthy way to create tonnes of great snacks and meals. It will be showing up again and again in my recipes and I highly recommend giving it a try.
Of course any fresh or fermented vegetables can be added or substituted for these rolls, so go ahead and get creative!
- 1 Bunch of Swiss Chard
- 1 Zuchini shredded
- 1 Pack of Sprouts (alfalfa/sunflower or pea shoots)
- 2 Ripe Avacados
- 1 Cup of Cashew Cheese
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- 1 Bunch of Basil
- 1 cup cashews soaked
- Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- Wash and dry the swiss chard and use a knife to remove stems completely. Divide leaves in half or quarters to make long rectangles. Lay rectangles out vertically in front of you.
- Place a small spoonful of cashew cheese in the top centre of each leaf and follow down with avacado, zucchini, sprouts, basil and cilantro leaf.
- Roll leaves up, rolling away from you so the cashew cheese acts as a glue. Place a toothpick in the centre of each roll if needed.
- Combine all ingredients for sauce and blend in high speed blender. Serve everything together at room temperature